Wednesday 10 July 2013

Disappointing Products / Products I wouldn't repurchase

Hello everyone , I hope you are all having a really fabulous day !!! Today's post is a bit more negative than usual , I don't like to give out negative thoughts as I like to be a quiet happy person but sometimes honesty is the best medicine.  Before becoming involved in  allot of reading in the blogging world there wasn't really much I could look at to know whether I should place trust into a product , so I did a lot of experimenting of drugstore products. Within this time I have found some products I really like but also some that I vow never again will I buy , Dramatic I know.  These are some products I have found to be disappointing , these are my opinions you may really like these products they Just didn't work for me.



                                                              Lets get started !
                                                 
     
                                                  NYC Nail polish - East Village




When I first sore this Nail Polish I really loved the shimmery turquoise color , it reminded me of the sea on a hot day when the sun is shining on it. The problem I find with this product is that its the most translucent nail color I have ever used. After putting several coats on I gave up , it gave me a wish washy version of the color that I had wanted from the bottle and was still really transparent. I had never tried NYC nail polishes before but this first attempt has slightly put me off.

                                               Maybeline Blush- Rose



The reason I didn't get on with this product was because it has not pigmentation at all. In the shop I swatched it on my finger and it was absolutely fine a really pretty dusty move color. When I applied it to brushes and applied it to my face there is no color pay off at all , I find this really upsetting because I fell in love with the color and for it to have no color when applied I think is really disappointing. 

Natural Collection Loose Powder


The issue I had with this product is that I found it to be really cakey on my skin. I have super dry skin and I felt that the powder would Just gather at the really dry parts of my skin which is something I really don't want to highlight . In general I don't really like loose powders because I find them to be too messy for me to deal with when I am in a rush in the mornings. 

Natural Collection Kohl Eye Liner
Recently I have been loving the Rimmel Scandal eyes eyeliners which makes me compare products with the ones I own. This one in comparison is Just not creamy and doesn't glide on really easily. As well as this I find it to be more of a grey black then a solid black that I would like.

Collection Big Fake Ultimate Mascara
                                         


This product I accidentally threw out before I wrote this so I do apolgise for the rubbish picture. This I think is going to be the most unpopular opinion because I know allot of people who like this. I really disliked this mascara , number one reason is that mascaras never smudge on me ether but with this one after a couple of hours of wearing it I get black panda eyes. As well as this I think this is such a messy mascara , the wand is so chunky that little bits of mascara are allays flaking off everywhere. I also find the wand to thick , it is hard to get the smaller lashes. This mascara also hardly lasts before it drys up , overall this is one product I would never repurchase.  


                                                    I hope you have all had a fabulous day

                                                                            Maddy xx

2 comments:

  1. I was so so so disappointed with that Maybelline blush, it's just rubbish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was so annoying !

    ReplyDelete