Sunday 28 April 2013

Getting Prepared For My Prom

Hey everyone  I do apologize for neglecting my blog recently but with school work and personal drama's I haven't allays felt I have had the inspiration or time to write , I am sorry for that. To kick start I am going to be doing a new series on my blog about the preparation for my prom !! If you have been following my blog then you would no I am 16 and in my last year of High School , my prom is one of the only things getting me through these horrid exams ! In the series I will be talking about my prom dress , accessories , hair , make up and all that Jazz. I want to keep the transport a surprise to the actual day but those who already know shhhh ! Today I will be talking about my prom dress and my shoes. I hope you enjoy this and get inspiration for your prom.
                                                                     

The first aspect I want to talk about is probably the most important aspect of my prom and that's my dress !!!! When picking my dress what I had in my mind was very simple but elegant , I also I know I wanted it to be either a light blue or a turquoise as I felt that went with my complexion the best.

This isn't an excellent photo but I don't want people to see me in until the actual day of prom. My dress was under a £100 and it fits really well. When choosing my prom dress this was the first one I cam across and after looking at others I came straight back to this one , it doesn't have bling on it but that is purely not me.  I ordered my dress on the internet  from  http://www.littleblackdress.co.uk/ , it is allays risky ordering from the internet but the website was really reliable and I am really Happy with the quality.

The next element of my prom preparation are my shoes ! If your somebody that Knows me well then you know how much I love shoes so I had most enjoyment picking them out. 


The camera doesn't pick up the color that well , they are a very nude pink. When thinking about my shoes I was originally going to buy silver shoes that had slight sparkle but I couldn't find any that I didn't think looked tacky and cheap. I really love the strappy detail on these shoes and when I saw them It was love at first sight ! I found these in debenhams on sale for about £30 pounds reduced from about £40 , I thought that was a quite a good deal , I couldn't find them on the website to link them but they might still be in store.

       I hope you enjoyed this post and If your having you prom soon
 I would love to know about it and what dress you are wearing,

Have a great day
@maddygilmore
:) xx


                                                 

6 comments:

  1. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Have fun at prom!


    -Erica xx
    www.ericawears.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you x :) I have followed loved reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED MADDY! WE WILL LOOK SASSY AND FABULOUS - WHICH IS NOT HARD FOR US. THAT DRESS - OH MY LORD HOW STUNNING IS THAT?! THOSE SHOES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND WE WILL OWN THAT PROM WITH OUR OUTFITS, TRAVEL AND TUDE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMMGGGG IM EXXCITED TOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY , YOUR SUIT IS SO FABULOUS OMGGGGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress so pretty!
    http://allinasoiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank yo so much xx Followed your blog , loved reading it !!

    ReplyDelete